Ampeg SVX 1 & 2
Ampeg SVX recreates the sounds, operation and feel of the world’s most influential line of bass amplifiers and brings it to your desktop. You’ll get the legendary sounds of the SVT-CL, the B-15, the 4Pro and BA500, all in a convenient lightweight and easy-to-use package.
When you think Ampeg, you think huge stadium bass tone… the Rolling Stones ’69 tour with the wall of SVT Classic Heads and 810 cabinets. The sound of Rock & Roll — early Van Halen through AC/DC to Dave Matthews Band. You think the Motown sounds of James Jamerson and that fabulous “round” bass sound only a B-15 Flip Top can provide — the sounds that DEFINED, and DEFINE, bass.
So really you think “legendary”. The sounds of Ampeg amplifiers are the sound of a bass revolution — the voice of generations of musical identity and groove definition that are synonymous with the fabric of our core as musicians. These are the tools we use to express our inner groove. These are our…
Get Legendary Tones. But what’s behind a “Legend”?
You hear the term “legendary” and “legendary tone” thrown around a lot these days. Everyone is trying to “capture that legendary tone.” But if you think about it, what does it really mean? What’s behind “legendary” that makes it so?
If you dig deep, at the core of everything “legendary” you’ll find one common thread — innovation. And at the heart of innovation is the challenge of the norm, a spirited approach that focuses thinking on not “what is” but “what if.”
Stadium Bass Tones, no Chiropractors
That’s exactly what you get with the Ampeg SVX models. 100% pure Ampeg Bass Tone. Take 175lbs of “legendary” earth-shaking back-breaking roadie-killing bass gear and compress it into a mere 3-pound delicate instrument that can equally produce such raw power and emotion and you’ve got our “what if” thinking, and you’ve got the Ampeg SVX suite of Bass Amps and Bass effects. Innovative? Absolutely. Legendary? Hmmmm…
IK was the first to bring the legendary tone of some of the most iconic bass amps and cabinets ever created to the modeling software world with our acclaimed official Ampeg SVX collection.
The new Ampeg SVX 2 collection brings even more power to the game giving you the opportunity to expand your collection with 6 additional gear models that raise the bar once again in terms of unprecedented sonic authenticity.
When it comes to an iconic brand like Ampeg to put their mark on the software equivalent of their timeless masterpieces, they could not have gone for anything less than the best in the virtual software world and as they pioneered the bass amplification world they choose IK Multimedia, the true pioneers of amps and effects modeling technology for modern players.
Ampeg SVX 2 collection is based on IK’s latest exclusive Dynamic Interaction Modeling™ technology, which uniquely recreates the fine interactions of complete internal circuit stages of the original models, thus reproducing their unmistakable vibe and dynamics down to their finest nuances.
- Industry-standard sound with DSM™ (Dynamic Saturation Modeling) and VRM™ (Volumetric Response Modeling) technologies offer the most realistic emulation of real world gear and the best sounding models
- Perfect as a plug-in for studio recording and mixing in any Mac/Win DAW, native compatibility with 64-bit applications and operating systems
- Also perfect for live performance thanks to the standalone version with instant preset switching
- Highest supported Sampling Rate: 96 kHz
- DAW automation and BPM synchronization
- 5 separate modules
- Rig of up to 12 stomps, 2 Amp heads + 2 Cabs + 2 x double mics and 8 rack effects can be configured in up to 8 serial/parallel configurations
- Two movable microphones allow you to mic the cabinet exactly like in real world studio and live environment
- Stereo signal path makes it suitable for any type of instrument including drums, keyboards, vocals and more
- Massive database of presets with multiple guitar and bass oriented tags and keywords, advanced search function, rig visualization and more plus free online sharing service for user presets called “Preset XChange”
- Perfect integration with IK’s range of audio interfaces and controllers such as StealthPlug, SteathPedal, StealthBoard and StompIO allows for instant recording and performing in the studio or on stage with full programming at the software level
- 4-track built-in multitrack recorder with DAW-like features enables you to quickly capture ideas or even record a small band in the standalone application without the need to open a DAW and with the convenience of AmpliTube superior quality audio processing
- Imports any Wav, Aiff, sd2, Apple Caf, Flac, MP3 audio file (Standalone version)
- SpeedTrainer for speeding up/slowing down imported tracks without affecting the pitch – the perfect tool for practicing and improving your instrument skills or learning your favorite riffs and solos (standalone version)
- 3 new amps (SVT-VR, V-4B, HERITAGE B-15N)
- 3 new matched cabinets (SVT-810 AV, SVT-212 AV, B-15N 115)
- Exact recreations of the originals thanks to IK’s 20 plus years of modeling experience
- Based on our breakthrough Dynamic Interaction Modeling™ technology
- Available à la carte inside the Custom Shop or as a whole collection
- Available as part of the SVX Power Duo Bundle (including AmpliTube 4, SVX and SVX 2)
- Perfect companion for MODO BASS for Mac/PC
- Runs inside any version of AmpliTube 4.3 or later (free or paid version)
- Expandable with more gear models via AmpliTube Custom Shop
Mac® (64 bit CPU, 32 or 64 bit Mac OS)
- Minimal: 1.5 GHz Intel processor, 1 GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
- Supported Plug-in formats: Audio Units, VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit).
- Note: on 64 bit systems, the plug-in also works in 32 bit compatibility mode.
Windows® (32 and 64 bit)
- Minimal: Intel® Pentium 4® 2.4 GHz or Intel® Core™ Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64,
- 1 GB of RAM, Windows® XP, Windows® Vista, Windows® 7 or Windows® 8.
- Supported Plug-in formats: VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit).