In 2001, IK Multimedia made history with SampleTank, the first ever sample-based sound workstation for computer. That release was followed in 2003 by SampleTank 2, which has since become an industry standard with an unparalleled software longevity due to its high-quality sounds, easy-to-use interface and powerful included effects. Considering its versatility and power, it’s no wonder that SampleTank has been featured on thousands of the most iconic productions and compositions of the last decade.
Now, over ten years in the making, SampleTank 3 builds on this storied heritage. Like its predecessors, it’s the most advanced sound workstation available on the market today. It features a constantly expanding world of sounds, advanced playing and editing features and a full suite of studio-quality effects. SampleTank 3 builds on everything that’s made it one of the most popular virtual instruments of all time, making it an essential piece in the musical toolkit of any serious musician, studio producer or live performer for years to come.
- Over 33 GB of included sounds
- Over 4,000 new instruments with 21 instrument categories covering the entire span of acoustic, electric and electronic sounds
- Over 2,500 drum, percussion and full construction-kit loops played by world-renowned artists
- Over 2,000 MIDI files in all categories
- 26 additional SampleTank 3 instruments collections
- 22 additional Syntronik instruments collections
- Completely redesigned interface with 4 main environments: Play, Mix, Edit and Pad that retain SampleTank’s legendary ease-of-use and fast operation
- 16 channel multi-part Play interface with easy layering and an integrated MIDI player and mixer
- Access to the powerful instrument Edit page with 3 sample engines (including formant preserving pitch-shifting and time-stretching engines), 16 filter types and 8 macro controls per instrument for quick multi-parameter editing
- “Round robin” and multiple articulations that are triggerable via key switch, modulation wheel or velocity
- Multi-channel mixer-like Mix interface with 5 insert effects per channel, 4 stereo effect returns (with 5 insert effects each) and a master channel with 5 insert effects that allow for up to 30 effects per instrument
- 57 high-quality integrated effects, including 24 new effects for mixing, mastering and more creative applications derived from IK’s studio-grade T-RackS and AmpliTube production software
- New Live mode lets you organize sounds for setlist and song for instant recall during performance
- Accurate 3D renderings of instruments for easy identification and recall
- Full integration with iRig Pads, IK’s ultra-portable groove controller
- Available as standalone and 64-bit plug-in for AAX, VST and Audio Units platforms on Mac OS X and Windows
- Compatible with all previous “Powered by SampleTank” instruments modules and sounds (can import all previous sounds and Combis)
Mac® (64 bit CPU, 32 or 64 bit Mac OS)
- Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), Mac OS X 10.7 or later. 58 GB of hard drive space.
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
Windows® (32 and 64 bit)
- Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), Windows® 7, Windows® 8 or Windows® 10. 58 GB of hard drive space. Requires an ASIO compatible sound card.
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): VST 2, VST 3, AAX.