Limiting is used in audio production to reduce the dynamic range of a track or program material. In audio mastering applications the limiting effect is used to raise the level of a track or mix, thus making it louder, by pumping more input level into the limiter and setting a “ceiling” threshold transient peaks will not exceed, avoiding any digital overs. The principle behind this is basically the same of a compressor where the ratio is set to ∞ :1, so that no signal is passing over the threshold, and time constants are set for very fast attack and release.
The IK Multimedia Brickwall Limiter was designed to be used in mastering applications (though it also can be creatively used in mix contexts) as a final tool to bring your track or mix to “industry standard” RMS levels. Its transparency and ease of use make it a very fast way of achieving finished, master quality tracks that stand out with all the level and boldness demanded by modern digital audio. Just set the Output Ceiling and raise the input until the desired loudness is achieved.
- Fully compatible with Mac OS X (Universal Binary), and Windows (XP / Vista / 7 / 8)
- Supported plug-in formats: VST, RTAS, AAX, and Audio Units
- Works within the T-RackS CS Standalone application
- High-quality oversampling
- High-precision and high-transparency digital processors
- Accurately analog-modeled vintage classic devices
- Full-latency compensation support
- Supports sampling rates up to 192 kHz
- DSM™ and SCC™ proprietary IK technologies for extremely accurate digital models of analog hardware devices
- Native compatibility with 64-bit applications and operating systems
Mac® (64 bit CPU, 32 or 64 bit Mac OS)
- Minimal: 1.5 GHz Intel processor, 1 GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
- Supported Plug-in formats: Audio Units, VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit).
- Note: on 64 bit systems, the plug-in also works in 32 bit compatibility mode.
Windows® (32 and 64 bit)
- Minimal: Intel® Pentium 4® 2.4 GHz or Intel® Core™ Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64,
- 1 GB of RAM, Windows® XP, Windows® Vista, Windows® 7 or Windows® 8.
- Supported Plug-in formats: VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit).