The Bus Compressor is based on the mix bus VCA type compressor of a worldwide known and acknowledged British large format mixing console from the 80’s. It was used on practically every hit record and major production from the 80’s to present days, so much that its sound has almost become a trademark. This compressor was so widely used that it later became a stand-alone rackmount unit, so that it could be used separately from the large format console. This made for even more success; a thing that led to many hardware and software clones trying to emulate it.
This legendary processor has been painstakingly analyzed and measured down to the very single component, compression curve, soft knee behavior and detection circuit; this in order to obtain a dead on reproduction that will impart a cohesiveness to mixes that is often referred to as “glue effect” where every instrument blends nicely with the others, and mixed tracks suddenly start to sound like “music”.
- Fully compatible with Mac OS X (Universal Binary), and Windows (XP / Vista / 7 / 8)
- Supported plug-in formats: VST, RTAS, AAX, and Audio Units
- Works within the T-RackS CS Standalone application
- High-quality oversampling
- High-precision and high-transparency digital processors
- Accurately analog-modeled vintage classic devices
- Full-latency compensation support
- Supports sampling rates up to 192 kHz
- DSM™ and SCC™ proprietary IK technologies for extremely accurate digital models of analog hardware devices
- Native compatibility with 64-bit applications and operating systems
Mac® (64 bit CPU, 32 or 64 bit Mac OS)
- Minimal: 1.5 GHz Intel processor, 1 GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
- Supported Plug-in formats: Audio Units, VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit).
- Note: on 64 bit systems, the plug-in also works in 32 bit compatibility mode.
Windows® (32 and 64 bit)
- Minimal: Intel® Pentium 4® 2.4 GHz or Intel® Core™ Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64,
- 1 GB of RAM, Windows® XP, Windows® Vista, Windows® 7 or Windows® 8.
- Supported Plug-in formats: VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit).