Plate reverberation first came out in the late 50’s when an electromechanical transducer similar to a common speaker voice coil was coupled to a long metal foil (a plate) and a piezo pickup was wired at the other end. Running signal through the speaker would cause the metal plate to reverberate and the resulting sound picked up by the piezo transducer would be converted into electrical signal sent back to a mixing console to be mixed with the original dry signal.
The reverb time could be shortened by partially damping the metal plate with acoustical tiles, which would practically shorten the vibrating element, although never completely preventing it from resonating.
Reverb character depended on several factors like metal sheet dimension, metal type, thickness of the foil and position of pickup elements. IK Multimedia CSR Plate reverb is a thorough reproduction of that reverb type. Dense and even it has a characteristic sound that brings back to immortal 60’s records where it was abundantly used.
The wealth of controls on this module allows to custom tailor the reverb in all of its nuances, and as in all CSR reverbs the editing process can be simple, with just key parameters displayed, or advanced, for in depth tweaking.
- Fully compatible with Mac OS X (Universal Binary), and Windows (XP / Vista / 7 / 8)
- Supported plug-in formats: VST, RTAS, AAX, and Audio Units
- Works within the T-RackS CS Standalone application
- High-quality oversampling
- High-precision and high-transparency digital processors
- Accurately analog-modeled vintage classic devices
- Full-latency compensation support
- Supports sampling rates up to 192 kHz
- DSM™ and SCC™ proprietary IK technologies for extremely accurate digital models of analog hardware devices
- Native compatibility with 64-bit applications and operating systems
Mac® (64 bit CPU, 32 or 64 bit Mac OS)
- Minimal: 1.5 GHz Intel processor, 1 GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
- Supported Plug-in formats: Audio Units, VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit).
- Note: on 64 bit systems, the plug-in also works in 32 bit compatibility mode.
Windows® (32 and 64 bit)
- Minimal: Intel® Pentium 4® 2.4 GHz or Intel® Core™ Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64,
- 1 GB of RAM, Windows® XP, Windows® Vista, Windows® 7 or Windows® 8.
- Supported Plug-in formats: VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit).