Following in the footsteps of its simpler three band P50A brother, the EQ P50B module expands in flexibility by adding a fourth EQ band.
This module is so great sounding because of the rather simple all-discrete circuit schematic of the original hardware it’s based on, whose key point is the 2520 op-amp. Its four peaking bands with seven selected frequencies cover the whole spectrum and then some. It also allows for the overlapping of bands for complex EQ shapes — this is invaluable in mixing sessions where the proper EQ is the key to finding the right balance and position of a track within a mix.
Simplicity, though, doesn’t mean lack of tone: the EQ P50B doesn’t have many of the bell and whistle features others offer — like complex and eye-catching but oftentimes distracting displays. The ease of use of its two knobs per band enhances the analog feel of the module by providing the instant gratification of turning a knob and hearing a result.
The same “make it better” approach to the user interface of the digital model applied to the 3 band version was kept in the EQ P50B: the dual concentric knobs of the original hardware have been split for better usability and an uncluttered view. Band gain is also stepped in 1 dB (1.5 dBs towards the end of throw) increments for finer resolution.
The four band design is particularly useful for exploring all of the complex facets of midrange critical tracks, like guitars, vocals, pianos or strings. Having two midrange dedicated bands — that span from 75Hz to 12.5KHz overlapping in some points — allows it to perform a variety of boosts and cuts that will shape the track and make it fit. Low and high bands can be conveniently switched to shelving mode for broader strokes if needed.
- Fully compatible with Mac OS X (Universal Binary), and Windows (XP / Vista / 7 / 8)
- Supported plug-in formats: VST, RTAS, AAX, and Audio Units
- Works within the T-RackS CS Standalone application
- High-quality oversampling
- High-precision and high-transparency digital processors
- Accurately analog-modeled vintage classic devices
- Full-latency compensation support
- Supports sampling rates up to 192 kHz
- DSM™ and SCC™ proprietary IK technologies for extremely accurate digital models of analog hardware devices
- Native compatibility with 64-bit applications and operating systems
Mac® (64 bit CPU, 32 or 64 bit Mac OS)
- Minimal: 1.5 GHz Intel processor, 1 GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
- Supported Plug-in formats: Audio Units, VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit).
- Note: on 64 bit systems, the plug-in also works in 32 bit compatibility mode.
Windows® (32 and 64 bit)
- Minimal: Intel® Pentium 4® 2.4 GHz or Intel® Core™ Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64,
- 1 GB of RAM, Windows® XP, Windows® Vista, Windows® 7 or Windows® 8.
- Supported Plug-in formats: VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit).