Quad Lim is the limiter version of Quad Comp, which, according to the limiting principle, has a fixed, infinity-to-1 ratio. Time constants and makeup gain are user definable for increased control. As with Quad Comp you can adjust the slope of the filters that split the frequency bands, so that dynamics control is broader or sharper, depending on your needs.
As for the Quad Comp the quality and transparency of the filters used for the band splitting was particularly important so that no artifacts or ringing are generated at the crossover points.
As an additional layer of control, Quad Lim features a master brickwall limiter post multi-band processing that can be engaged to avoid overshoots. Being of the brickwall type this limiter makes sure the program cannot go past the 0 dBFS level no matter how the gain of the previous bands is set. By judiciously setting the gain structure of the band-limiters and master brickwall maximum loudness without distortion can be achieved.
- Fully compatible with Mac OS X (Universal Binary), and Windows (XP / Vista / 7 / 8)
- Supported plug-in formats: VST, RTAS, AAX, and Audio Units
- Works within the T-RackS CS Standalone application
- High-quality oversampling
- High-precision and high-transparency digital processors
- Accurately analog-modeled vintage classic devices
- Full-latency compensation support
- Supports sampling rates up to 192 kHz
- DSM™ and SCC™ proprietary IK technologies for extremely accurate digital models of analog hardware devices
- Native compatibility with 64-bit applications and operating systems
Mac® (64 bit CPU, 32 or 64 bit Mac OS)
- Minimal: 1.5 GHz Intel processor, 1 GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
- Supported Plug-in formats: Audio Units, VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit).
- Note: on 64 bit systems, the plug-in also works in 32 bit compatibility mode.
Windows® (32 and 64 bit)
- Minimal: Intel® Pentium 4® 2.4 GHz or Intel® Core™ Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64,
- 1 GB of RAM, Windows® XP, Windows® Vista, Windows® 7 or Windows® 8.
- Supported Plug-in formats: VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit).