Tube saturation. Tape saturation. Transformer coloration. If you’ve worked on audio projects in the analog domain, you’re familiar with these concepts. You know what they are, what they can do to a track or recording, and how to get them to work their magic.
The effect of Saturation, or the introduction of harmonic distortion, on an audio track or mix can add that certain special “flavor” and “warmth” that only magnetic tape, tubes, transformers or transistors can deliver. The T-RackS Saturator X delivers that classic analog saturation and takes you on a trip back in time to the birth of “modern” recording before computers and opens your recordings to the mysterious, elusive and warm world of analog saturation.
T-RackS Saturator X is intuitive and extremely easy to use. It works as a plug-in on the individual tracks in your mix or as part of the T-RackS chain. It works by imparting distortion into the digital processing which by its nature doesn’t typically change or alter the linearity of the frequency response and harmonic pattern of a signal. The introduction of distortion simulates the way analog circuitry behaves especially when pushed beyond its limit.
The controls on the Saturator X are pretty straightforward: Input Gain, Ouput drive (can be independent or inverse linked controls), Saturation mode select, Brickwall limiter engage and Oversampling select.
The Input Gain and Output level controls can operate as individual controls, allowing you to freely adjust how much saturation effect is applied and how loud the effect appears in the mix. You can also “inverse link” the two and maintain the ratio of input gain to output volume. This lets you set your overall perceived volume, lock it in, then adjust the amount of saturation applied without changing the output level.
- T-RackS individual processor module
- 10 unique saturation modes
- Independent or inverse linked Gain and Output controls
- Brickwall limiter
- Selectable Oversampling mode
- Unique “magic eye” VU meter
- Full 14 day free trial period
- Individual processor or part of the T-RackS processing chain
- 64-bit native support
- 32-bit 192 kHz support
- 32- & 64-bit AAX Compatibility. Will run in Pro Tools 11, and under AAX in Pro Tools 10
- T-RackS Custom Shop integration
Mac® (64 bit CPU, 32 or 64 bit Mac OS)
- Minimal: 1.5 GHz Intel processor, 2 GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
- Supported Plug-in formats: Audio Units, VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit).
- Note: on 64 bit systems, the plug-in also works in 32 bit compatibility mode.
Windows® (32 and 64 bit)
- Minimal: Intel® Pentium 4® 2.4 GHz or Intel® Core™ Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64,
- 2 GB of RAM, Windows® XP, Windows® Vista, Windows® 7 or Windows® 8 or Windows 10.
- Supported Plug-in formats: VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit).